This week was busy with back-to-school nights, soccer practices, piano lessons, piano practicing, preschool meetings, preschool picnic, preschool classroom visit (this preschool thing is taking up a lot of my time...), homework, etc. But it is all good stuff. It feels good to get back into the school routine.
................................
On Wednesday night I had to attend a mandatory preschool meeting. Kate is going to start a coop preschool (tomorrow) which meets in a series of classrooms in the basement of a church. The meeting was in one of the rooms upstairs. I went and waited and waited for the meeting to begin, but didn't recognize any of the people in the room. I thought that was sort of unusual, because I have met the preschool director and teacher and other parents on different occasions, and couldn't believe I didn't recognize a single soul. After a while, another couple came in and asked if this was the right place for the preschool meeting. It was at that point that I was informed that I had been sitting in and waiting for an AA meeting to begin. I had to laugh, because as someone who has never had a drop of alcohol, I have now been pulled over for drunk driving (if you don't know this story, ask me about it someday--it is a great one!) and attended an AA meeting! Who knew!
.....................................
The zoom function on my camera has stopped working, and if you haven't noticed (I'm sure you have) my pictures are getting worse and worse. So I am in the market for a new camera. If you have one you love, please let me know. Shopping for electronics stresses me out!
.....................................
Sarah asked me the other day where elbow grease comes from " 'cause my elbows aren't greasy at all!" (She'd been reading a Harry Potter book where Harry and Ron have to go shine trophies and couldn't use magic, just elbow grease. )
....................................
We watched the BYU v. UW football game yesterday. So glad BYU came out with the victory, and despite the biased announcers, they did deserve to win! Go Cougars!
....................................
Hurricane Hanna Hit! We got several inches of rain yesterday and some wind. A big branch from my neighbor's tree fell off and blocked half the road. I was thankful it didn't hit a car, or a house, or the power lines. All the soccer games were cancelled, so we had a cozy day inside.
4 comments:
wow...I'd love to hear the drunk driving story... and the AA meeting is pretty funny! Sounds like a crazy week...I'm sure it will get better! I've loved all your sight seeing posts...and you will be thrilled to hear that this week I finally went to the Air and Space Museum, and the Natural History Museum! I was so excited to tell you, and forgot to tell you today!
Pardon me....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Oh, that is hilarious. :-D
Dude, nice post. Matt and I also listened to the BYU FB game and I was pacing the whole last 5 minutes. Why do they have to do that to me?
I love my Canon Powershot camera. You saw it at the reunion.
I'm glad you're OK regarding the hurricane.
Elbow grease...that's too funny. I remember that part of the book; that's when Ron has the slug problem, ew.
Hey! Your neighbor Emily e-mailed interested in my art thanks to seeing your Swan Valley painting - thanks! I'll let you know if she buys something.
So maybe you should just tell the drunk driving story here on the blog since we all want to know. So funny that you went to an AA meeting. Sounds like you have a busy year coming up. Good luck.
Post a Comment