Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bad Night

I got in a car accident tonight. Thankfully I am okay, but the car is not. It got towed to a shop and we are awaiting the news of the damages. It was rainy and slick. I came around a corner and up a hill and as I came down over the top saw a car stopped right in front of me. I tried to stop, but basically just slid down the hill on the slick road into the SUV in front of me. The other car had only minor damage. No such luck for us. The hood is crumpled up, the head lights broken, and the bumper smashed. The air bags didn't deploy--I wasn't even going fast--so it is amazing the amount of damage that can occur. It was a bad night--waiting in the rain for nearly two hours. I never made it to that Relief Society dinner I was on my way to....

Thanks to David for coming to my rescue (as usual) and my next door neighbor for watching the kids. Hopefully the car will get fixed soon. Don't ya hate days like this?

10 comments:

The Huguelys said...

Oh no! I'm glad you're OK though.

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

I'm so glad that you are ok- and that the kids weren't with you (which makes 2 hours standing in the rain feel like 10!) I hope that the car isn't too damaged - good luck with that!
Love you!
Rachel

Allison said...

So glad you didn't get hurt, sorry about the anxiety it is causing you.

I kinda wish one of our cars would be damaged not the person inside it of course, just so I can have a solid reason to get me a bigger car.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I'm so glad you are okay!! I emphatically agree with you about days like that and I totally empathize. I've been in a few too many car accidents than I'd like to admit. : ) Cars can be fixed/replaced but you can't!

Katherine Eanes said...

Thank heavens you're okay! I thought air bags ALWAYS deployed, even in fender benders. I guess you can be glad it didn't. I've heard in low speed accidents they cause more physical trauma than they prevent. I'm sad for your van though!

Andrea said...

So happy you're not hurt! I hate getting in accidents, unfortunately one bad accident day can turn into a few~ not having your own car, dealing with the insurance companies & body shops. Not that I've been in THAT many accidents (just a couple), but I used to be an insurance agent so I have experience in this, it stinks!!

Rebecca said...

Oh that stinks. When it rains, it pours. Sometimers quite literally.

Britney said...

That's awful! Sorry to hear about your bad news. I'm glad you're ok! Hope everything works out. Best of luck!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Dang! A body in motion will remain in motion.... :-(

Tiana said...

I am so far behind in reading blogs obviously. I am sorry about that. Been there done that, recently. At least you are okay!!!