Saturday, June 28, 2008

Splash Park

We spent Friday morning at the Germantown Splash Park. It was the perfect place to be on a super hot day. We met lots of friends there and had a great time playing in the fountains.

I have gotten feedback from a few people lately that there aren't enough pictures of me on this blog. I am trying to remedy that, however, I wasn't super interested in posting a picture of me in my bathing suit all over cyberspace. One of these days I'll be in the picture, but this wasn't the day!


After we left the Splash Park, we stopped at one of our favorite places--the Lancaster County Dutch Market. When we lived in Germantown several years ago we lived near the Dutch Market, and we loved to go. The Amish people from Lancaster County come down to Germantown to sell their wares in this store. It is only open on Thursday, Fridays and Saturday mornings, but every time we go, it is packed. They have several different shops inside--furniture, a bakery, produce, flowers, a deli, meat, etc. We love to go get the cinnamon and sugar pretzels that you can watch them make right in front of you. I love the bakery--they have the most amazing blueberry fritters--and beautifully crafted handmade furniture. But ever since we started taking our kids, their favorite place is the candy shoppe. I was feeling nice yesterday, so I let them each pick out a treat.


Does life get much better when you are a kid? Too bad for them that today I'm making them do jobs all day....

3 comments:

Michelle said...

you are funny. Every day can't be a "pick out a treat day", right? those are cute pictures...I love Kate and Ben with their suckers. So much fun.

Rachelle said...

I'm jealous... that looks like so much fun. That Dutch market sounds awesome as well. Seeing Amish country again is one of the few things I feel like we missed out on while out there. P.S. Your presents were a lifesaver on the trip home... thanks a bunch. I'll have to send you a game for your cross-country trip in a year. It's called Rubberneckers Jr. and I'll bet your kids would enjoy it.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Hey--they've got to earn their keep too, right? Play one day, work the next. What's the correct ratio?