Sunday, April 27, 2008

More New York Photos


After spending much of the morning at the American Girl Place, we had to go somewhere fun for Benjamin. So we headed to FAO Schwartz, one of the biggest toy stores ever. Ben had fun playing with legos and seeing the life size Star Wars Lego characters.



We all had fun playing the Big Piano. Who remembers seeing this piano in the movie "Big?" Does that make me really old? Notice Ben doing a nice slide down the keys.


The next day we went to Central Park. We had a picnic, let the kids play on the big rocks, and rode the carousel.











We finished up our New York visit with a trip to Liberty Island to see Lady Liberty. She was a beautiful site! I'm so grateful for this wonderful country.



We climbed up inside the monument, and went through the musuem.


Then we were able to walk out and see her up close.



God Bless America!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Looks like so much fun. The first thing I thought when I saw the giant piano was...oh that's the one in BIG. So I guess I'm getting old too.

Andrea said...

That's so fun!! Man, we've been to NYC a few times in the last few months, and you gave me some great ideas for our next trip! I DO remember that scene on Big!

Allison said...

I remember that part in big, I've always wanted my own giant piano. I have also been on that carousel, I loved central park.