
For over a year we have been promising to take the girls to the American Girl Place in New York. We finally got a chance over Spring Break. We had a fun couple days in the Big Apple. The first day we headed directly to the American Girl Place, since that was what this trip was about. It was a fun place.
We spent quite a while wandering through all three levels of the store and the girls carefully picked out the items they wanted to buy. Sarah got her doll's hair done at the hair salon, and later we headed for lunch at the Cafe. The cafe was my favorite place. It was called the Daisy Room, and since daisies are my favorite flower, I loved the decor--all pink and black and white with lots of daisies.
They had special chairs for the dolls to sit at the table with us; and dolls to borrow if you didn't have yours with you--this was perfect for Kate, and Sarah, whose doll was still at the hair salon.
They had special chairs for the dolls to sit at the table with us; and dolls to borrow if you didn't have yours with you--this was perfect for Kate, and Sarah, whose doll was still at the hair salon.
The American Girl Place was all about creating memories, with little pink boxes of conversation starters at the table,
and an emphasis on time spent together. The back of the menu even told the story of the founder of the American Girl Company and how she went on a special outing to the city with her mother and got cinnamon buns, and how she remembered it forever. So, of course, they serve mini cinnamon buns as an appetizer. Very cute. The dessert was so cute too--little flower pots of pudding (with a daisy), heart cakes, and pink flower cookies.This was definitely a place for girls and we had to laugh because there wasn't even a men's restroom at the cafe. David and Ben were extremely outnumbered and decided that they should have a rooftop lounge for the boys where they could sit around and watch football, eat pistachios, and play with legos or other masculine pursuits. Luckily, they were good sports and let the girls have their moment.

5 comments:
Whoa, I hear you have to be one brave parent to go there.
Good to see you blogging, I always like when someone else I know has starts one of these. I can't wait to see more!
What fun! My daughter Meg would die to go there. Great pics of those girls, can't believe how much Kate has grown!
Yay!! You have a blog!!
I can't get over how much older Kate is now. Glad you had fun in New York, eventhough I am slightly jealous.
That sounds like so much girl fun! I can't wait to take Ellie there someday...5 years maybe. I am glad you joined the blog world.
So fun!! I was so excited to see your comment on my blog, It'll be great keeping in contact with you this way! That store is a ton of fun, we've been there a few times now that we are 2 hrs from it, but never to the cafe there, it looks like the one in L.A. but instead of the daisies on the seats, they were striped. Go American Girls!
Post a Comment