Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A wedding

 At the end of May, my nephew Nathan married his beautiful bride Tana.  I so wanted to go to the wedding, but David couldn't get off of work, and both Rachel and Ben had events that they couldn't miss.  So I had decided that it just wouldn't work out for me to go...until a few weeks before the wedding when we drove to Idaho for the funeral, when I had a moment of enlightenment.  I looked in the back seat at all the kids occupying themselves and realized that the kids were finally big enough that I could go on a road trip by myself - without David - and it would be okay.

So that's what we did.  Sarah, Kate and William came with me.  My mom even changed her plane ticket and drove down with us instead.  It was a quick trip--we drove down on a Wednesday, spent Thursday and Friday in Utah, then drove home on Saturday.

But I am SO glad I went.  It was wonderful!

First stop was the temple.  The wedding was beautiful and wonderful and I was so glad I got to be there.  Such a sweet experience in the temple.

Afterward, we had fun hanging out with these girls waiting for the pictures.


 Some of us had more fun than others.
 My brother and his cute family all coordinated in purple!
 Sarah was so happy to see these cousins that she hadn't gotten to see in way too long.
 My two good looking brothers.
 My mom and her boys.
It was so fun seeing the bride and groom come out of the temple.  They were glowing with happiness.
 Hugs for his sisters.



 Beautiful couple!
 The rest of the day was just fabulous!  Catching up with so much family at the luncheon and then later at the reception.



 I was so surprised to see some old North Carolina friends, and we had a fun little reunion.


Happy Day!

No comments: