My friend Christy talked me into playing hooky with my two littlest one day last week. So I excused Kate from school, emailed William's preschool teacher, and we all took off for the slopes. (She's such a bad influence on me!)
This was only the second time Kate and William had skied. Christy had her two youngest kids, about the same ages as William and Kate. Kate did awesome for only her second day! She and her friend spent the day skiing together and took off right away on the bunny hill.
William and I ventured off on our first trip down the hill. He had been so excited to go skiing again--and had done this bunny hill with David a few times before--but within minutes was crying and asking to go home. I was worried that the day was going to be a disaster. I think he was just overwhelmed and needed a few more skills.
So we headed over to the magic carpet. We spent a long time riding up and skiing down. William was very excited to ride up, and at first, endured skiing down just for the ride up the next time. But gradually, both his confidence and skills improved and he was having fun once again. We worked on falling and then learning how to stand up (something I thought they taught him in his lesson last time, but evidently not).
Later, we took another trip up the ski lift and down the bunny hill. (Yes, I bribed him with a promise of a soda--his favorite thing ever!) This time he did much better. He was much more confident, and used his new skills to get up each time he fell.
We finally met up with the girls who had done a big long run down the mountain with Christy. They got to the bottom and fell down to show me just how tired they were! I was so impressed with these cute little ski girls!
It was beautiful weather and so great to spend the day outside in the sunshine! Thanks Christy for talking me into such a great day!








No comments:
Post a Comment