Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Making of the Christmas Nativity Scenes


For the past several months I have been involved in planning and preparing for our community's nativity festival.  It is the first of what is hoped to become an annual event.  I helped with the children's choir, and sang in the adult choir.  We've practiced every Sunday night since the first part of October.  I was also the ward representative for our congregation, which meant I passed around and collected signup sheets for weeks and weeks and made announcements and phone calls and collected items.  As we got closer, I helped with set-up and decorating.

My kids were all involved as well.  Sarah and Rachel helped paint a large mural and a large wooden nativity.  Both sang in the youth and adult choirs, and prepared musical numbers in small performing groups.  Kate sang in the children's choir, and Ben performed as part of a string/flute quartet. 

It was a huge undertaking. 

Here is a little video that shows some of what went into this event.  Sarah is part of the flute trio providing the back ground music. 


No comments: