Field Day
I went and helped for part of the time at the elementary school's Field Day. William got to come too, and Kate took him around with all of her friends to the different stations. He was in heaven hanging out with all the big kids. Kate is such a sweet big sister.
Ben was hard to find at Field Day. He showed up once at the station I was helping at, so I caught a quick picture, and then he was off again--enjoying his last elementary school Field Day.
Promotion Ceremony
I left field day early to go to David's promotion ceremony. David got promoted to Lt. Colonel.
Sarah's House Concert & Seminary President's Award Dinner
Sarah took piano lessons for high school credit this year, so she had to have her house concert before the end of the year. She played several songs for a few friends--who came over after the seminary dinner for those who got the President's Award for perfect attendance. Sarah worked hard to get the President's Award this year, since she had to do several days worth of make-up work when she had to miss seminary due to the high school musical she was involved with.
Here is Sarah with her piano teacher.
Baseball Championship Game
The same weekend was Ben's baseball championship. His team made it into the finals. David had to work, so I went to the game and watched all six innings (which is normally what they play).
It was an intense, but nonscoring game. At the end of the 6th inning it was still tied 0-0, so they had to go into extra innings. It was then that I had to leave to pick up Kate from a dance rehearsal. Of course, when I was gone, I missed the most exciting part. I had to get the details from other parents when I arrived to see all the boys posing under the scoreboard with their trophies. They had pulled off the win! Congratulations to these boys who had an amazing season!
Fifth Grade Graduation
The day before school got out was Fifth Grade Graduation. Ben is thrilled to be moving on to Middle School!
Ben with his class.
Last Day of School
It finally came! The last day of school! Here are the the traditional pictures of the kids with their teachers. Kate had two teachers this year who job-shared. They were both great.
And here is Ben with his teacher that he had for both 4th and 5th grade. He absolutely loved the challenge program he did with her and really thrived in her class. She is an amazing teacher who definitely went above and beyond in teaching these kids. Honestly, I can't say enough about the difference she has made in Ben's life.
End of the Year Party
The last day of school was only a half day, and our friends invited us over for their annual water fight. It was a fun and relaxing way to end the very busy end-of-the-year madness.
It was seriously the cutest party ever.
Kate's Dance Recital
Kate took an acro class this year, which is a combination dance and tumbling class. She really loved it. They decided to combine all the acro classes for their recital piece, so it was a big group of kids on stage. Their piece was called "Girls on the Playground" and their were three groups of girls: the "popular" girls, the "bullies" and the "nerds." Kate was a bully and is dressed in black wearing a white bandana.
Phew! It was a busy week. I also made bread for teacher gifts, picked strawberries and made three batches of jam, gave the boys hair cuts, and got ready for our trip. That night after the dance recital we finished packing and left early early the next morning for Utah. We all definitely needed a vacation!













No comments:
Post a Comment