Monday, March 4, 2013

Lake Elsinore & Disneyland Wrap Up

After our day at Sea World, we stayed the night with our friends, the Jones's in a town only about 10 miles away from where my dad grew up in Lake Elsinore.  So on our way back to Disneyland, we made a quick stop in Lake Elsinore.  We tried to find the house my dad grew up in on Kellogg Street, but I couldn't exactly remember the correct house number.  I remember going to the house as a child, but so much has changed, and it has been so long--and so many of the houses look the same.  Later I was able to talk to my mom who told me the address, and we had driven on the right block after all. 

It was fun driving through town and remembering my dad.  We found the garage where my Grandpa worked as a mechanic and the theater where he took an extra job on the weekends to pay for my dad to go on a mission. 

We stopped at the cemetery and found my grandparent's headstone.

Nearby is the small infant grave of my uncle. 
It was special to spend some time thinking about my dad and my grandparents, and telling stories to my kids. 

 We drove from Lake Elsinore and made it back to Disneyland. 
Our last day at Disneyland was beautiful and sunny, and I made the kids pose for pictures all over the place....because if I don't have pictures to document a trip, then I may forget it happened. 
We were lucky enough to have Sarah's friend, Ally, spend the day with us.  She is such a super sweet girl--I wish she didn't live so far away from us!

 We rode as many rides as we could and soaked in the magic that was everywhere. 



 Wow, talk about a photogenic pair of girls! 


 That night we watched the parade. 
 Catching glimpses of the glow in William's eyes was the best part!



We also watched the most incredible firework show I've ever seen, completely chorographed to music and dialog and even including a live Tinkerbell and Star Wars lasers coming from the castle, and then Fantasmic.  We stayed until nearly midnight, eating ice cream and not wanting our day--and our vacation--to end.  

No comments: