This morning as I was taking kids to school, William was in the car playing with some panda figurines. He asked me a question, "What do pandas see?" I thought he meant,
have we ever seen pandas?, so I told him about how we had seen pandas at the National Zoo in Washington DC before he was born. We had recently read a book about pandas from the library, so he had learned some things about pandas.
But he repeated his question, with an emphasis on the last word, "What do pandas SING?"
"Sing?" I asked, making sure I had heard him correctly.
"Yes. What do pandas sing?" he asked again.
I responded, "William, I don't think that pandas sing."
William continued in a matter-of-fact way, "Yes they do, mama. All nice things sing."

Beautiful.
He continued by making up and singing a song that pandas would sing. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment