This year was the first year in a long time that no one started in a new school. Last year Ben and Kate switched elementary schools and Sarah started high school. This year, everyone was going back to a familiar place, which really helped to lesson the back-to-school anxiety.
Sarah, a 10th grader, was the first one to leave. This year she is taking Honors English, French 1, Algebra Trig, World History, Wind Symphony (Band) and Chemistry. She is nearly done with an online health class she took over the summer.
I'm not sure what we will do next year for photos since she used up all her fingers this year. I can't believe my kids are getting so big!
Kate started second grade. She was a bit sad that not too many of her friends from first grade were going to be in her class this year, but she makes friends so quickly that I wasn't too worried. She was the most excited to go back to school of any of the kids.
Overall, it was a pretty good first day. The older girls had some bumps with not getting lunch periods with their friends and not loving some of their teachers, but I think it will be a good year nonetheless.




No comments:
Post a Comment