Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend


For her birthday, my mom wanted to take a road trip to the Vancouver, BC, Canada temple.  The kids and I had gone to the open house a couple of years ago, but due to a bad snowstorm, Mom wasn't able to join us.  So as a birthday adventure, she wanted to go see it and do a session.  She invited me to come along.  So last Friday, I got the kids off to school, and ventured out.  I met my mom after an hour or so of driving.  The temple is about a 3 1/2 hour trip from my house, and longer from hers.  It was a beautiful drive--blue skies, green trees, shimmering lakes and snow-topped mountains.  I don't know of anywhere with more beautiful scenery in the country than the Pacific Northwest.
We made it to the temple, had a picnic lunch, and then did a session.  It is a beautiful temple!  We had a super fun day.

On the way back, we decided to make a surprise visit to my high school friend Michelle.  It was so fun to see her.  We had a fun visit for a little bit, and then it was back on the road again.


We went out for dinner and then made it back home in time to have a little birthday celebration with the kids (even though it was past their bed times).  It was a fun day!  It was so special to be able to spend a whole day with just my mom.  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful mother. 


On Sunday, we had our annual Mother's Day photo shoot.   I was testing out possible locations and got a couple great shots of these beautiful girls.  So glad I get to be their mom!

 And then I got some pictures of me with my kids.  I love each of them so much!
Ben age 10

Rachel age 13

William age 2

Sarah age 15

Kate age 7

I loved being able to spend Mother's Day with my Mom!

William trying to get David to smile for a picture

Grandma and William--he adores her.
Monday morning before my mom had to head back home, we walked over the Tacoma Narrows bridge.  The weather was picture perfect.

Thanks for spending the weekend with us Mom! 

No comments: