We try to do all of our Easter activities on Saturday, so that we can focus on the spiritual side of Easter on Sunday. We had a lovely Easter program at church, marred only by the fact that I was so nervous to play the piano as the choir accompanist that I could barely listen to any of the speakers. I had to go early to practice with the choir, so the picture I had envisioned of our whole family dressed up for Easter never quite happened. After church, I wasn't fast enough to take pictures before some of the children had changed out of their church clothes (Sarah and Ben race every Sunday to see who can get changed first. They are usually changed in under a minute, often before I have gotten in the house and unloaded my arms).
But, with a few willing participants, we went out to enjoy the lovely sunshine and snap a few photos. Here are a few of my favorites.
Who can resist Easter photos with a bunny?
I guess we'll let Ben make an appearance in his t-shirt. He wanted to get in on nuzzling noses with the bunny.
That evening, after a traditional dinner of ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans and strawberry shortcake, we watched Easter videos online. We took time to focus on the real reason we celebrate Easter: The resurrection of our Savior. It was especially poignant this year as we recalled our visit just a few months ago to the Garden Tomb. The sign on the door says it all:
More pictures on that day to come.







No comments:
Post a Comment