Here's a synopsis of our Easter activities this year, mostly in pictures.
We made and decorated egg sugar cookies for the first time this year. There is something about all those pastel colors together that is just so wonderful.
Egg dying.
Do you use a whisk to dye eggs? If not, you should. It is definitely easier and less messy.
We have a rare appearance on this blog by Sarah, who at nearly 15 has been anti-any photographs of her lately.
William totally got into the egg dying this year. He didn't want to wait too long for the eggs - he was so excited to see them turn colors. He did manage to spill the dye, but overall, I think it was as successful as could be expected for a 2 1/2 year-old.
We had some cute ones, some cracked ones, and some grey ones. Yep, I think someone has to try putting an egg in all the colors at least once every year.
Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt with some friends.
And then the "official" one in our backyard.
Each child gets a separate color, so I can hide them harder for the big kids. And some of the eggs were hidden pretty trickily, I might add. They were kept busy for a while.
Cute, cute, cuteness!
We had gorgeous weather--it was so wonderful to spend the day outside.
We had to bring the bunny out for the festivities.
I finally got around to doing an Easter project that I've been planning for three years. I strung some eggs and put them on our tree out front. Our neighbor in Maryland used to do this, and I loved it, so I have been wanting to do it ever since we moved here and had this perfect tree. My sister sent me some eggs a couple years ago that had holes in the top because I couldn't find any (although I noticed this year after I put these up that all the ones from Target had holes in them), but every year the holiday came and went before I actually got the string into the eggs and put them on the tree. So proud of myself for actually getting to it this year!










1 comment:
Color coded easter egg hunt. Brilliant idea.
Post a Comment