Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zoo Trip

Since we had no school for Martin Luther King Day, we decided to take a trip to the zoo.  David and I actually had lots of other places that we wanted to go explore, but we couldn't get the kids on board.  So, to the zoo it was.  Our first stop was to the aquarium and the touch tanks. 
 William loved touching all the sea creatures--he wasn't nervous about it a bit.

 The Point Defiance Zoo isn't huge, but it actually has a pretty cool aquarium and some interesting animals. 
My neighbor was actually telling me that she never bothers going to this zoo because they used to live in San Diego and go to the amazing zoo down there and they didn't think this one would measure up.  But I have to disagree.  Does that mean that just because we used to visit the Smithsonian regularly, we'll never go to another museum again?  Definitely not.  Each zoo (and each museum) has something different to showcase.  And even the same zoo is fun to go to over and over again because the animals are always different and doing different things.

 The clouded leapard cubs are some of Point Defiance Zoo's showcase creatures.  I've never seen them anywhere else, and they are so fun to watch. 


 The sharks are pretty cool too!  We stayed in this room and watched the sharks for a long time.

Another favorite was this walrus.  He kept swimming right next to the glass of the viewing window so we could get such a good look at him.  They are huge and amazing creatures. 
This tiger cub was staring me down.  I was glad that there was a fence between him and I because he didn't look like he was messing around.  We were really close to him--I didn't zoom in very much on my camera.
Such amazing animals!
William loved all the animals, and especially the fish, until he fell asleep.  I'll have to take him back another day after his naptime. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

a zoo and a huge aquarium! that is so cool! I wish they had that here. miss you!

Andrea said...

looks like an awesome zoo!! And I totally agree every area offers unique things to see. Great pictures!