William is almost 18 months old. He is so much fun right now. He has a few obsessions:
1) Kate. William is obsessed with Kate. He's learned to say her name and follows her around. If she is practicing her piano, he must sit right next to her and play too. If she is eating dinner (and he's not stuck in his high chair) he will climb right into her chair and try to sit practically on top of her. Kate is pretty patient, but it does get somewhat frustrating for her sometimes. Usually she calls me for help and then reminds herself how glad she is to be a big sister!
True love. He seriously hugs the balls.
I can't get enough of those short little legs running all around. I absolutely love this age!
3) Socks. William loves socks. And shoes too, but mostly socks. He knows how to say socks and he asks me to put them on when he gets dressed. I'm not really sure if he thinks that socks means he gets to go outside, if he has cold feet, or if he just loves socks, but he gets so happy when he gets to pick socks out of his drawer (he knows which drawer they are in and points to them) and put them on.
4) Hugs and kisses. This little boy is the sweetest, most hugable, kissable kid there is. He loves to give me hugs and has just learned to give big sloppy open mouth kisses. Love it!
5) Bananas. William wakes up every morning and wants a banana. He scarfs it down in about 30 seconds flat. He asks for bananas all day and doesn't understand why I won't give him one when they are too green, or if he's already had one (or two!). He also loves other fruit, especially strawberries, oranges, pears, frozen blueberries and applesauce. Other foods he likes are pasta, frozen peas, oatmeal, pancakes, bread with peanut butter, cottage cheese and yogurt.
6) Trucks. William loves to go outside and watch the trucks go by. There is still a lot of construction in our neighborhood, so we see lots of trucks--cement trucks, dump trucks, delivery trucks, etc--go by our house each day. He yells, "truck" every time one goes by.
7) Riding his toy car down our sloped driveway. William is all boy, and a fast ride down the driveway is quite the thrill. I haven't been able to take a picture of this yet because I have to run along beside him and make sure he doesn't go flying out into the street. He wants to ride over and over and cries every time I make him come inside.
8) Fish. He loves to see the fish in our fish tank and he especially loves using the magnet to clean the glass (or just let go of the magnet and then recatch it over and over--magnatism is pretty cool, after all). Fish is another word he says.
9) Baths. William loves to take a bath and gets so excited every time the word 'bath' is mentioned. He will go into the bathroom and put all the bath toys in the tub to tell me that he wants to take a bath. Thank goodness he is pretty good about picking the toys up too.
Other things about William: He is still talking like crazy and learning new words all the time. This week he learned to say car, cow, button, frog, stuck, and bubble. I am still growing his hair out after a terrible haircut I gave him. (Even David who always has something nice to say agreed that I should never be allowed to cut his hair again--at least until he gets older and can sit still). Good thing is he so cute anyway!








3 comments:
Such a sweet post. Little kids love their older siblings, and thank goodness some older siblings are patient enough to let them. I love the piano picture and invasion of personal space as she's trying hard to do her practicing. Cute boy.
Yeah!! I am so glad that you are public again!! What a cute little guy. Sam and William would get a along well. They could play ball and look at fish all day long together.
What a cute little guy he is!! I think he and my Van have a lot in common. You're so awesome Elaine~ you totally inspire me to write down everything each of my kids is doing and saying. That was such a great glimpse into his world :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment