"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you." President Harold B. Lee
Friday, September 24, 2010
Today
Today I woke up, made maple oatmeal muffins for breakfast, made lunches and got the kids off to school. I ran on the treadmill and then showered and got ready. I did Kate's hair (no kindergarten on Friday) and got William dressed. David called, but I told him to call back on my cell phone so I could talk to him as I drove. Realized my phone was dead. Grabbed my computer to plug the phone into as I drove (I need a car charger!). Packed some food for the kids. Loaded them in the car, along with my computer and phone. William was screaming and definitely ready for his nap. Finally made it out of the house for a long awaited trip to IKEA. Drove 45 minutes to get there. Talked to David on the way. Finally found a parking spot. Unloaded the kids. Reached for the diaper bag. Uh oh. No diaper bag. No wallet. Nothing. Decide that I will take Kate to the play place anyway, since she has been excited to go for ages. I will just walk around the store and look. Check her in at the computer. Take her to the bathroom. Go to check her in at the desk. ID required. No can do. Back out to the car. Kate bravely tries to wipe away the tears. Drive home. Find diaper bag sitting by the door. Two hours wasted. Urgh! No time to go back today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no! I would hate that. Can't wait to see what you get when you get to go back.
oh my gosh Elaine, times like that are the worst! but at least you got to have a nice talk with Dave!
Post a Comment