Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ben's Best Life Events

Tonight was Back-to-School Night for Ben's class.  I had fun visiting his classroom and hearing about the things he will be learning this year.  I rummaged through his bin of folders, notebooks and books (he sits at a table not a desk) and saw his self-portrait on the wall.  Good stuff.  But my favorite by far was his list of "Best Life Events."  I would never have guess this is what he would put:

1.  Going to Disneyworld (okay, this one is not a surprise.)
2.  Beating LEGO Star Wars (really?  That is almost as good as Disneyworld?)
3.  Watching Wall-E (I'm not sure what it is about this movie, but Ben gets misty-eyed everytime he talks about it.)
4.  Getting a trampoline (yes, Ben LOVES the trampoline!)
5.  Learning how to do a flip (on the trampoline, of course)
6.  Getting my [Nintendo] D.S. (funny that he included this because he is constantly getting it taken away for bad behavior.)
7.  Getting my golf clubs  (Grandma Hales recently brought him some golf clubs she found at a yard sale.  He loves them and plays with them almost every day.  He went to golf camp over the summer, so he even actually knows what he is doing.)

So, there you have it--a picture of what constitutes the good life in my 8-year-old boy's life; his Best Life Events. 

No comments: