After days and days of rain, we've finally had some nice weather. So William and I went out to investigate what is left of our garden.
After a slow start, the dahlias are beautiful and blooming like crazy.(ignore the really really long grass). And we have an out-of-control pumpkin plant--with no pumpkins. It has completely taken over the garden.
This little man takes over the garden too--pulling off the flowers and taking the bark from the play area and putting it into the garden. Good thing he is so cute. Love his little bare feet.
This has been a terrible gardening year for us. I'm sure it was a combination of things, but I am choosing to blame it mostly on bad weather and not enough sun. (Or maybe my lack of a green thumb.) Our peas did great and we are eating lots of carrots. Spinach and beets did terrible. We got a handful of strawberries and a few tomatoes. Our corn looked pathetic. I almost tore it out more than once. It only got a couple feet high. But when I looked closer, we did have some ears. Mini-ears, that is. And they were actually ripe (is that how you say it? Is corn "ripe"?) Anyway, we picked it, cooked it, and had it for dinner. The kids were thrilled!








No comments:
Post a Comment