Thursday, August 19, 2010

16 years and an update

Well, it has been 16 years since I married the man of my dreams.  Wishing he were here to celebrate with.  But that's okay, since I'm planning on spending forever with him.  He sent me a beautiful new necklace and earrings that I got to open today, so I really can't complain.  Only about 2 more months until he gets to come home.

I'm way behind on posting and have oodles of pictures of our trip to Utah, but blogger has been giving me grief and I've had to start my post over and over, so I just decided to give it a break.  I'll try again soon.  I know you are all on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about my trip.

I've been really sick this week and am finally feeling better--just in time for William to get sick.  He has another unexplained fever.  I took him into the doctor today to see if he had an ear infection, but all looked clear.  So hopefully he will get better soon.  We all need some sleep around here!  But the up side is my super strong biceps from carrying him around constantly.  Oh yeah...and the crick in my back....

The rest of the kids have been busy with swimming lessons (everyone), soccer (Rachel and Ben) gymnastics (Kate) and lots of playing with friends, jumping on the trampoline, watching Gilligan's Island, eating peas from our garden, late nights of Scattergories (Kate has been coming up with the most hillarious answers) and an unsuccessful attempt at sleeping on the trampoline (I felt better when they were all in their beds anyway).  Rachel has been sleepwalking like crazy--actually more like sleeprunning--and Ben has had nightime episodes of growing pains.  We've done school supply shopping and new shoes for everyone, plus a trip to the mall with just the big girls (and William).  Kate got her own new pink backpack and matching lunch box.  She was so happy and excited, but it made me want to cry.  She is counting down the days until school starts. 

Still to come...braces, end-of-summer sleepovers and parties, meet-the-teacher night, middle school orientation, etc.  Phew!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Congrats on 16 years--you two really are great together. Only two more months...sigh.