I started Kate on the piano a couple of weeks ago. I had been dragging my feet to start, mostly because I feel like I have enough going on in my life. I even justified it, by telling myself that some piano teachers don't start kids until they are 8 or so because they learn so much faster then and by the time they are 10, they are the same as kids who start when they are 5.
But Kate was ready.
My mom talked me into it.
And I'm so glad I did.
Kate is doing amazingly well and absolutely loving it. She practices every day without me even asking. She plays all the songs she has ever learned even though she doesn't have to. She plays for anyone who will listen, and begs to be in a recital. (This girl is a Performer!) It is so fun to watch.
This is why it is a joy to start kids on the piano at age 5.


1 comment:
Yay for Kate! She looks so grown up sitting at the piano. Maybe she will play me a song this summer?
Post a Comment