Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is me


This is me today. And yesterday, and the day before, and even tomorrow.

Sitting with my leg elevated. Healing.
I had surgery on Monday for my vericose veins. This wasn't the nice cosmetic surgery to remove the unsightly spider veins (maybe I'll get to do that later). This was the surgery to remove the painful vericose veins brought on by 5 pregnancies. The surgery lasted for 1 1/2 hours. The problem veins were cauterized with lasers all up and down my leg. The anesthesia made me so sick afterward. My leg is wrapped from my hip to my toes and I have to keep it wrapped until Friday. I can't bend it very well which makes getting around somewhat difficult. I'll have soreness and bruising for 10-14 days.
.....
But...it's not all bad.
......
David is off this week to help take care of me. I can't drive, so he has had to run the kids to all their activities. Darn. He's had to fix dinner. Darn. He's had to help clean the house and manage the kids. Darn. All while I'm sitting on the couch. With my feet up! Anyone else want a referral? :)

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

It's nice to get some R&R, but I'm sorry you had to have surgery. On the up side, you have amazing children! Well worth the surgery, I'd imagine. =)

Tiana said...

Yeah, not really feeling sorry for you. Sounds like a nice little "vacation." Though I do wish it could have been for a different reason then "I just had surgery."

Allison said...

Ahhh. I hope you aren't being forced to watch good movies and eat yummy snacks too. Shoot that sounds like the worse.

Janelle said...

This is my next big thing to tackle ... my varicose veins. Ouch. Every day I'm in pain -- my right leg especially. My mom has had almost every kind of surgery for her veins over the years, so I've heard all the details that make me postpone it still. I'm so glad for you -- I think it will be worth it. Maybe I'll get brave and do mine too.

Michelle said...

oh my gosh, you're so funny....you prefaced that perfectly. Totally had my sympathy...then just laughed! you're so cute.

Rachelle said...

Kind of like how I look forward to my "sick days". I hope you enjoy your mini vacation.

Rebecca said...

Yeah Elaine, that sounds just awful. So glad it's not me with my feet up having everything done around the house; I would hate it!