Friday, February 5, 2010

The reality

Okay, so the reality isn't quite so cushy as I let on in yesterday's post. I was supposed to sit around all week with my feet up. But, as any busy mom can tell you, that is pretty much impossible to do. David was home and did drive the kids to their activities, and did make dinner...once. Actually he was really helpful, and did lots of great thing like walk the kids to the bus stop, go to Costco, and change a few diapers, plus work outside on putting the swingset together and planning the landscaping. But this week, while I was supposed to be off my feet, I...

  • made dinner twice
  • made all but one lunch for all the kids all week
  • made breakfast every morning but one
  • made a batch of jam, since we were all out and the kids won't eat store-bought jam
  • altered Sarah's new swimming suit
  • made banana bread
  • did preschool with Kate
  • helped Kate make Valentines for the kids in her ballet class
  • went to New Beginnings with Sarah
  • fed a baby several times a day (and night!)
  • read lots of books with Kate
  • changed diapers
  • made countless trips up and down the stairs--difficult when you can't bend your leg
  • did lots of dishes
  • did laundry
  • cleaned up the bonus room after playdates
  • signed Ben up for baseball
  • and worked for 10+ hours (yes, I'm still working from home)

All this when I was supposed to be taking it easy. David laughed at me when I was up loading the dishwasher 4 hours after my surgery. He said, "You could only go 4 hours. I wondered how long it would be before you had to get up and start doing stuff."

You knew it was too good to be true, didn't you?! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

now go lay down! you are super mom!