We decided to sign up for netflix tonight. The convenience of having movies delivered to our house seemed like a great idea. It seems like there are always movies I am wanting to see. Except for when we went to fill our queue, we couldn't think of six movies we wanted to watch. Pathetic. The kids had some they wanted to see, but we could only think of a one or two for us.
So, does anyone have any good movie recommendations?
What is in your queue?
What good movies have you seen recently?
7 comments:
Did you know you can ask your friends who already do Netflix to be your Netflix friends? That way you can see what is in their queue and what they liked/disliked. Right now ours is pretty bare. There is a long wait on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Fame, both movies we want to see. If I think of recent good ones, I will let you know.
I can always think of movies I DON'T recommend easier than movies I DO recommend. I just rented (again) Dan in Real Life to watch this week. Try that if you haven't watched it already -- I think it came out two years ago or something like that. We also have Season 1 of MacGuyver that we've been slowly watching when there's nothing else to watch. It is so funny to watch now compared to how they make movies these days. It's mostly tame enough that our kids can watch some of the shows too. If there's nothing else, you can try that too. :)
Thanks for the tip, Rebecca. Expect a Netflix invitation to be my friend! We have Cloudy and a Chance of Meatballs and Dan in Real Life both in our queue. And yes, thanks for the Fame tip. I want to see that too, except for I think I'll have to wait until David's gone to watch that one...not sure if he will sit through it with me.
We are watching Angels and Demons right now and I thought it was good. Star Trek is a must your kids might even be able to see that one. We just got The half blood prince and liked it. As for one you probably wouldn't know or of heard about, Run Fat Boy Run, i thought was very funny and good and I also like Lars and the Real Girl. They both are independent films but given a chance good stories.
I love Netflix! I just watched The Invasion with Nicole Kidman. it was pretty good.
We've loved having Netflix as well. You can also watch movies instantly on your computer which was invaluable when Jordan had the flu - he could be confined to his room and watch movies on the laptop.
We have a little bit off-beat taste in movies - but if you are into foreign films, I have a lot that we have loved. If you are into Jane Austen movies (Pride and Prejudice), you should try the Elizabeth Gaskell movies (north & South, Cranford, and Wives and Daughters). You may have to wait until David's out of town for those but Tim loved them.
Netflix is awesome. Some faves: Brian Regan, Stomp Live, The Interpreter, Deadliest Catch, Scarlet Pimpernel, Blood Diamond (you have Clearplay, right?), Julie & Julia, Christmas in Connecticut, Danny Deckchair, The Snow Walker, Oscar, Kung Fu Panda, Meet the Robinsons, Back to the Future, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Eight Below, Dan in Real Life, August Rush, Finding Neverland, Wallace & Gromit, Ballerina, Man on Wire, Forever Strong... I love Netflix.
Post a Comment