Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We were lucky enough to have my sister Julie and her two girls, Kylie and Dani come visit us over Memorial Day weekend. We had such a great time with them and were so glad to spend time with them before our move across the country. Thanks Julie for making the long drive to come see us!

Friday night we all went to see the new Night at the Museum movie--Battle at the Smithsonian. It was fun to see all the museums and monuments that we love in the movie. Then on Saturday we headed downtown to see them in person.

We first went to the American History Museum. We saw some of our favorites in the Entertainment section--the Ruby Slippers, Oscar the Grouch, Seinfeld's Puffy Shirt, and Kermit the Frog. We also waited in line to see the Star Spangled Banner.


Outside the museum there was a pool set up with little boats to float. The kids had to stop and try this out for a bit.


Next we walked to Union Station for lunch. It was kind of a long walk, on a rather hot day, but we finally made it!


My sister Julie and I in front of Union Station.

I love Union Station. I think these archways are amazing! It is beautiful inside too and I've always wanted to spend time wandering through all the fun shops, but the kids never seem to want to do that.


Next we went to the Capitol Building. We had fun taking pictures on the steps before checking out the new underground Visitor's Center.


We were so sad for the weekend to end. We have loved living on the East Coast with them for the last five years and will miss them terribly when we move.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay, a pregnant picture! Elaine, you are so cute!! Hope I look that good with number 5!

Rebekah said...

Awesome pictures. I so need to come back and visit all the places I missed before. Your bump is so CUTE! I agree with your girlfriend. You look especially amazing knowing it's your fifth! Post more as you grow!

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of fun. Thanks for a good time!