Since it has been lighter and better weather in the mornings, I've been able to run outside instead of on the treadmill for my morning runs. My regular route takes me on a scenic road quite near my house and it is so beautiful.
I love running outside. I love the fresh air. I love the sunshine. I love the trees. I love the quiet and peacefulness. I love listening to my running playlist. I love pushing my body and working hard. Sometimes, it is so beautiful that I just have to stop and take a picture.
I hope I am always in awe of the beautiful place in which I live.
A few days after I took the pictures above, I had the opportunity to go running through the farmland of Idaho. Once again, I was in awe of the beauty. It was such a different kind of beauty, but amazing nonetheless, and I couldn't help but stop and take a couple of pictures.
I love Idaho and feel very at home there. I feel a connection there. So much of my extended family and the family I married into lives in Idaho. It is in my soul. On this particular trip I couldn't get over the beauty of the vast farmland and kept pointing it out to the kids. "Isn't this so pretty?" I would say. Some of them agreed, but some just told me how boring farmland was. But those straight rows and the big, beautiful sky called to me, and made my soul somehow feel free.




No comments:
Post a Comment