Thursday, May 1, 2014

Laurel Field Trip

At church I work with the teenage girls ages 16-18.  We call this group the Laurels.  Over spring break I took a trip to Portland with some of the Laurels.  They are an amazing group of girls!

Our first stop was the expansive Powell's bookstore.  So big, it has its own map.  They had every book I could think of--new copies, used copies, all mixed together, with lots of inspirations quotes thrown in.  We had a grand time browsing through the aisles.
Next stop--The famous Voodoo Doughnuts.   I've heard that the line often goes around the block, but since it was mid-afternoon in the middle of the week, we didn't have to wait too long.
They had lots of unusual--but oh-so-tasty--doughnuts.
After eating our fill, we headed to the Portland Temple to do baptisms.  I absolutely love the Portland Temple.  It is one of my favorite temples ever!  The grounds were so beautiful and peaceful, especially in contrast to the busy city center.  We went to the visitor's center for a while, and then couldn't stop taking fun pictures.



I had a great time hanging out with this beautiful girl!

I love these girls!  I love that I get to spend time with them each week.  I love it that they chose to spend their school vacation on a trip to the temple.  I love hearing their testimonies and seeing the good they are doing in their lives.  They are such great examples to me.


No comments: