Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A weekend of concerts

It was a weekend of concerts for Rachel.

First she had her house concert for piano.  This is where she plays all the songs she has learned for level.  She played 16 songs, all memorized.  I think it is pretty amazing to be able to memorize and play so many pieces.  She plays beautifully.

 Afterward, her teacher presented her with a little gift.

She had friends and family come to listen.
A couple of days later, Rachel had her violin concert.  She has dramatically improved lately, and I love hearing her play. 

A couple of days after that was Sarah's band concert.  Her school has a great band, and I honestly enjoy the concerts immensely.  All except Jazz band...I can't say I'm a fan...but the rest of the bands play such great music.  Sarah is band council president this year and absolutely loves being a part of the band.  You can see her in the front row on the middle right side of this not-so-great picture taken with my iphone.
Another round of concerts and performances to come in another few weeks...

No comments: