Friday, September 6, 2013

First Day of School

I'm not ready.  Summer went by way to fast.  But school started anyway, despite my silent protests. 

Sarah started 11th grade.  She is a junior in high school.  Amazing.  Time sure does fly by.  She was excited to go back and see friends, but was disappointed that she does not have the same lunch as her best friend--for the third year in a row.  What are the chances of that? 

Sarah is taking French, AP US History, Band, AP Comp and Lang, Pre-calculus, and Anatomy & Physiology.  It will be a busy year. 
Rachel started 9th grade.  I now have two children in high school.  We spent an hour at the high school the day before school started, walking around finding her classes and helping her feel comfortable.  She was still a little worried she would get lost, but seemed to make it through the first couple of days all right.   Rachel is taking French, Choir, Biology, Algebra 2, English, and Speech & Debate. 
Ben started 6th grade.  He is now in middle school.  I took him to school the first day to help him get his locker set up.  When we got there, a whole group of kids were congregating around the lockers.  He stood by patiently waiting for his turn.  I showed him how he needed to maneuver his way in or he would never make it to class on time.  I ended up helping several kids open their lockers.

I totally remember being scared to death that I would forget my locker combination in 6th grade.  As a result, I memorized it so well that I have never forgotten it.  6-9-15.  That was my 6th grade locker combination.  I can't remember any of the others, just 6th grade.  I'm not sure if Ben will remember his combination forever, but so far, he seems to be doing great.  He is taking PE, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, Band, and 7th grade math.  His flex class is World Arts and Crafts. 
 Kate started 3rd grade.  She has lots of friends in her class and was excited to go back to school. 

She settled into her desk right away. 
William's preschool orientation was the same day as the other kids' first day.  He was so excited.  He loved meeting his teacher.   After we left his orientation I asked him how he liked his teacher.  He said, "She was all the way nice.  I thought she might be a little bit mean, but she wasn't!"  He was right.  She was the nicest teacher ever!  He went right into class and wasn't a bit worried when the parents went into another room for a meeting.  He was too busy playing to really even notice.  He starts for real next week and is excited as can be. 

1 comment:

Tiana said...

You have two high schoolers?? So, you're telling me you haven't figured out how to make your kids stop growing up either, eh? Your kids are amazing. Just like their mom.