Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

We had a lovely Valentine's Day around here.  Breakfast was heart-shaped pancakes and heart-shaped strawberries.  We delivered valentines we made for each other on Monday for home evening to the kids' mailboxes.  The kids all got boxes of chocolate covered cherries, and the girls each got a rose.

I loved helping William make his valentines on Monday.  He told me something he loved about each member of the family and I wrote it in their valentine.  In between each one, he had to give me a big hug.  His heart was so full of love he couldn't keep it inside.

For dessert that night, we had our traditional red velvet cake.  And our usual pizza.  Except this year I actually forgot to make the pizzas heart shaped.  Silly me. 


David got me the BEST PRESENT EVER!
Next year, 2014, will be our 20-year anniversary and we've been planning to go to Italy to celebrate for years and years.  I'm already reading the book and planning our trip.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! 

2 comments:

cambersue said...

OOOoooo I am so excited for you!!! That will be amazing. We got to spend a couple days in Rome and hit the big attractions but there's so much more to see!

Becca said...

Wow! What an awesome trip! I've wanted to go to Europe too, and I think that should be in the near future for us too!