Friday, March 23, 2012

Lunch dates, spring, and a height victory

Here's a few pictures from my phone from the last week.

William and I met David for lunch one day.  (Truth be told, he forgot his pagers, but it was a good excuse to meet in the middle of the day.)  It was a rare day with sun, so we sat outside to eat.  I love this picture of William wearing David's hat!

 Several days later I got to go on a lunch date with Rachel.  We had a great time together!
Love that girl!  And I love getting to spend one-on-one time with my kids.  It doesn't happen as often as it should.
 I made these to celebrate the first day of Spring!
It's finally official:  Rachel is taller than Sarah.  We've known since Rachel was born (she was my 8 lb 8 oz, 21-inch baby compared to Sarah who was only 7 lbs 6 oz and 18 inches) that she would be tall (at least as far as our family goes). She's been close to Sarah for a while, and when we measured a few weeks ago, it was dead even.  Well, yesterday we measured them again, and it wasn't even close! 

I love this next picture after I told them Rachel had her beat!  Sarah is distressed and Rachel is grinning. 
And by the way, now Rachel is exactly as tall as me.  I'm sure it isn't long before she will pass me up too!  Actually, they will all probably pass me up one day!  And that is just fine with me.

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Ha ha! We keep warning Ches and Ellie that Christopher is going to pass them by a mile one day. They still don't believe it.

Janelle said...

I have to tell you, your daughters have reminded me a lot of ours. And our younger Paige just outgrew our older Leah. Leah is feeling pretty bad about it. But what do you do? They are just different. :) You have beautiful kids.