Traditions helped ring in the new year. We made our traditional ice cream in a bag. This year, however, instead of cranking up the music and dancing all around the house, the kids decided to take their bags of soon-to-be-ice-cream to the trampoline. They jumped and jumped and before long, ta-da, they had ice cream! They decided this was definitely a preferable method, although I must say I missed the excuse to turn on some fun music and have everyone dance all over. 

Here's the finished product!
We stayed up, had treats, and played our new game of Life. I wasn't feeling well, however, and actually went to bed before midnight--for the first time I can remember.
The next day, New Year's Day, we had our annual penny hunt--to bring us luck for the new year. I had fun hiding pennies all over,
and the kids had fun looking for them.
Notice our beautiful new stockings? My wonderful mother-in-law made them for us for Christmas this year. We came home from Idaho and hung them up. Even though it was after Christmas we left them up for a while because they are so beautiful. I'm so excited about them! They are such a special keepsake.
I took these next pictures on New Year's Day also. William's favorite Christmas present was a soft bat and ball. He carries them around constantly and loves to play ball with anyone. Ben spent some time playing with him on New Years. William would pitch and Ben would hit. It was so fun to watch these boys play together. Ben tired of it long before William.
Happy New Year! It is off to a good start! Must be all those lucky pennies we found...









1 comment:
you guys seriously have the most fun traditions. I need to keep up on your blog and steal your ideas! :)
Post a Comment