Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crossing the Narrows

We have had a fabulous time with David home for the past three weeks.  Most days, we'd send the kids off to school then have a 6-hour date. Okay, not really, since there were so many projects that had been waiting for David.  But one day, we took advantage of the beautiful fall weather and went running together across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  You may recall that walking across the bridge was on our summer list of things to do.  I keep meaning to do a summer recap post and write about what we did--and didn't--get to on the summer list.  But needless to say, we didn't make it across the bridge this summer.  My one child who is afraid of heights kept nixing the idea.  So I got David to go with me.



 It seemed like a much longer bridge running across it instead of just driving.  And, I had no idea how much of a hill shape it is--driving on it it seems pretty flat. 

The views were amazing.

William took a good nap

It is a really cool bridge.

No comments: