Sunday, July 25, 2010

Franklin Falls

Last Wednesday we went on a hike to Franklin Falls up near Snoqualmie Pass.  It was beautiful!  The weather was perfect, and the hike was a great one for kids--not too hard, not too long, and a wonderful waterfall at the end. 
We met my sister Karen and her two girls up at the trailhead.  They had been at my mom's house in Ellensburg for a few days and came over to spend some time with us.  We also had Sarah's friend Abigail visiting with us from Maryland.
William didn't like getting into the backpack, but once we started moving he seemed to like it.  He was glad, however, to get out for a little while at the falls.  The rest of the kids had fun getting close to the falls and feeling the spray.  It felt great on the warm day. 

After we finished the hike, Kate got into the car (she was riding with Karen) and said, "That was a fun hike. I didn't even have to fuss."  I thought that was hillarious!  Like she was already planning on it from the beginning...  Funny kid.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

elaine...I've been such a slacker at looking at my friends who have private blogs! I am so sorry! My brain just doesn't remember things anymore! This place looks fabulous! I'm going to try and get caught up on you guys and your wonderful fam!