Monday, May 10, 2010

The Best Mother's Day Gift


Roses say, "I love you"

Orchids can enthrall

But a weed bouquet in a tiny fist,

Oh my, that says it all.
 
(Thanks Allison for reminding me of this poem)

(And thank you to my sister Karen who put this poem on facebook for me after Allison reminded me of it--okay, is that good Karen?)

5 comments:

Allison said...

I remember the poem you told me about somehow, it was about how a fistful of dandelions are the best present. Kate looks beautiful in this picture.

Tiana said...

Beautiful.

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how old your kids are getting. Hope your Mother's Day was great!!

Rachelle said...

That picture and poem are precious. So true. I think I'd take a handful of dandelions over anything.

karen said...

It was me, your sis, who wrote about that poem on facebook. Come on, I want CREDIT!!