Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kate's Ballet Performance

Kate's been taking a very cute ballet class this fall. They had their performance last week. Actually, they performed four times: two at nursing homes, then a performance for all the family and friends, and finally as a entertainment for our church Christmas party (yes, it was a busy week!).
Kate loved getting dressed up and getting her hair curled and make-up on. All the girls looked so cute in their matching Santa dresses and headbands.

Kate has never performed in front of a large group before (however, she does lots of mini performances of all kinds for us here at home), so I was interested to see if she would get stage fright. But it turns out she LOVES performing. In fact, after they were done with their first performance, which was in a nursing home in their dining room area, I asked her how she liked it. Kate answered, "It was fun, but I thought we were going to be on a stage. I want to dance on a STAGE, Mama." She was excited when her final performance at the ward Christmas party was in fact, on a stage (no pictures of that performance as I helped backstage).




I love it that she loves it. I have a feeling I'll be watching many more performances in years to come. Not sure if they will all be ballet--I think this girl just likes to perform!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Now I'm all misty-eyed. This reminds me of how much I loved ballet when I was Kate's age. It makes me so happy that she loves to perform. It gives a person a certain confidence that you can't get anywhere else. She sure looks adorable!

Michelle said...

that is soooo cute!