Saturday, August 8, 2009

We're here!

I'm still not done posting about our cross-country trip, but I thought I would let you all know we are here in Washington and busy getting settled into our new house. The movers came on Tuesday, and we have been busy unpacking ever since. We love our new home, but it is always hard to find places for everything. We've made trips to Home Depot or Target at least once a day and we still have boxes everywhere and rooms that we haven't even touched.

The kids have been busy building a fort out of moving boxes and playing with frogs that they have caught and are keeping in the sprinkler systems spaces. However, they are getting stir crazy and sick of each other and are anxious to make some new friends. We are looking forward to going to church tomorrow and starting soccer practices next week, and hopefully making some new friends in the process.

After a month on the road, it is nice to be "home." Hopefully it will feel like home soon.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

yeah!!!!!!!!

Tiana said...

I was just thinking about you this morning, and wondering if you had arrived. I am glad to hear you made it safe, and have enjoyed reading about your trip. We miss you!

Jana said...

Whew! What a trip! So glad you made it. It must feel good to be settling in. School and other activities will definitely help you all settle into a routine. It will definitely feel more like home in no time!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Yay! What a fun, cross-country trip and beautiful pictures! I really like the ones you took at the Badlands National park!