Field day at the elementary school is awesome! This is the only elementary school I know of where they let the kids free roam between stations all day. They have all morning to go to stations, roaming and playing with all the freedom they want. Then after lunch and a longish recess, it is time for group games--most important of which is Peel the Snake and Tug-o-war. The kids practice for these in PE and the excitement reaches a fevered pitch, with some amazing cheering and school spirit.
This year I helped at the arts and crafts table. Easy peasy.
I also love it that they let William join in the fun for the day. He ran off with Kate and I didn't see him for most of the morning. He really thought he was one of the big kids.
Kate and her teacher. She was a great teacher and Kate had an excellent year!
Good bye 3rd grade!
No comments:
Post a Comment