Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Season

I don't know why, but this Christmas season has been rough. I just haven't been able to get organized and get everything done. The days are flying by and I'm still not ready. I've been stressing about presents and what to buy for who and if the kids will like it, etc. I spent two hours on Saturday driving around to several stores looking for one particular item, only to find out it was sold out at every store. Ugh! I want the kids to have good memories and not just remember all the rushing about we do this time of year.


We have had some good moments. Some nights we have sat and cuddled together in blankets and read Christmas stories. We have some great books and a packet of stories--one for every night of the month in December. We haven't had time to read them every night, so we've read a few at a time. They are sweet, wonderful stories that teach us about the true meaning of Christmas. We've also been reading different scriptures each night on gifts that the Savior has given to us. It has been a wonderful way to remember our blessings this holiday season.


It is the times like this that I love. It is peaceful and quiet and everyone is full of the Spirit of Christmas. This is what I hope the children remember.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for that post. I love Christmas time. But I have also been feeling stressed this season and just last night I sat down and wrote myself a letter to read next year before the Christmas season begins. I wrote down some things that I thought I could do away with next season or things I could simplify. It's that peaceful, quiet feeling that I love too and sometimes I forget where that is actually found. Thanks.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Sounds like a great Christmas to me. :-D